Thursday, January 29, 2009

Conversations with a five year old....


The other day while my 5 year old son and I were eating lunch, we chatted (or he talked, I listened), as usual.
He attends a Christian school where they are teaching him about God. He loves to share the new things he learns, and being a great mom, I'm always willing to listen. Besides, with this one, the entertainment factor is always quite good.
Case in point.

Son: "Hey mom, did you know that God makes people?"
Mom: "Yes I did!"
Son: "Isn't that awesome? God is SO cool!"
Eating resumes.
Son: "God collects dead people too."
Mom: Choking on food, "Really?" "Where did you hear that?"
Son: "At school, when people die, they go into a boy bed or a girl bed and then fairies come and take you up to heaven and deliver you to God."
Mom: "Wow"
Son: "Yup, that all." "Can I play playstation?"

That's how we roll in our house. We keep it short and sweet with shot of shock and awe factored in.

We have to worry when he's NOT talking. Then he's up to something.

2 comments:

  1. oh. my. precious... all of it. i LOVE the video. neither of my boys are very good sleepers and have NEVER fallen asleep while eating. i think it's the cutest thing. maybe number three...

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness how cute is he your son is precious thank you for following my blogg

    ReplyDelete